- “I read all the books, I played all the games. It's been a part of my life for so long, it's truly a dream come true.”
- — Kennedy McMann on playing Nancy Drew
Kennedy is the daughter of Lisa McMann, an American novelist, and Matt McMann, a writer and musician. She has a brother named Killian.
Before being cast as Nancy Drew, McMann was cast on Gone in 2017 (episode: 1.06 Family Photo) and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in 2018 (episode: 20.04 Revenge).
On February 14, 2019, Deadline announced that McMann was cast for the role of Nancy Drew in The CW's television adaptation.
On November 10, 2020 Kennedy announced on Instagram that she got married to her fiance Sam McInerney in a small ceremony. She said they would have an bigger ceremony post COVID with their family later on as they couldn't attend the wedding in Canada.  
Nancy Drew fan
McMann is notably a big fan of Nancy Drew, and she grew up reading the books and playing the games. Her favorite game is The Phantom of Venice because "the mini games are really great" and she likes the visuals of it.
- on The Internet Movie Database
- on Instagram
Interviews and articles:
- July 2, 2019, Comicbook.com: Kennedy McMann On the "Dream Come True" of Playing Nancy Drew by Russ Burlingame.
- October 2, 2019, Cosmopolitan: There’s a New Nancy Drew in Town, and Kennedy McMann Was Destined to Play Her by Emma Baty.
- Deadline, The CW Pilot Finds Its Nancy Drew In Kennedy McMann, Casts Leah Lewis, Sets Larry Teng To Direct, Melinda Hsu To Run. February 14, 2019.
- Kennedy McMann did an Ask Me Anything session on Instagram, and that answer was retweeted by a fan here.