Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon is the thirteenth game in the Nancy Drew adventure series. It is based on Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Supermystery #8: Mystery Train. In it, Nancy and The Hardy Boys go aboard a transcontinental train to uncover the truth of the disappearance of an eccentric miner.
This is the first game to feature the physical appearance of The Hardy Boys, and the final game to feature a letter at the beginning of the game. Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon has received positive reviews from fans, and continues to be one of the most popular games in the series due to its inclusion of The Hardy Boys, and its unique gameplay.
Catch this train - it's your only ticket to a century-old mystery!
The Hardy Boys have invited you, as Nancy Drew, on a train ride out West hosted by the beautiful and prominent socialite, Lori Girard. Lori has gathered the greatest minds in mystery to solve a century-old secret and the haunted train is their best clue. The luxurious train once belonged to Jake Hurley, who set out long ago to find the mother lode during mining mania. Years later, in 1903, his train was found in Blue Moon Canyon, Nevada with the engineer slumped over in the car - dead. Jake was never seen again. Now shortly into the trip, Lori disappears, and you must search for her as well as for clues to Jake's mine. Climb aboard and see if you can uncover the truth at the end of the line!
- Explore a crypt, mining museum and, Jake's mine
- Play pachinko and sort heirloom dolls
- Be a short-order cook
Lori is the daughter of a very rich man and uses that as her main claim to fame. She's somewhat of a spoiled airhead, but at times shows flashes of intelligence.
Tino is a police detective, famous for apprehending two bank robbers that had almost gotten away without a hitch. He thinks of himself as the smartest person on the train and usually looks down on Nancy and the Hardy Boys.
Charleena is a romance novelist who's an authority on the Old West. She has no great liking for Lori, but her knowledge may be a help in the search.
John is the host of a show called "Ghost Chasers". Since Jake Hurley's wife, Camille is rumored to haunt the train, he's set up his equipment to try finding proof of this haunting.
Nancy uses a cell phone that can be accessed by an icon at the bottom of the screen. Nancy can also talk to Frank and Joe Hardy in person.
Bess and George are cousins and good friends of Nancy. They can give her advice if she's a Junior Detective.
Gallery and Trailer
- There are many hidden 13s in the cover art for this game.
- Her Interactive was only supposed to make 12 games. It is unknown what Her Interactive did to keep making more games or who they were dependent on.
- In the drawer of her doll shelf, Camille has the same type of jewelry box as Abby Sideris. (Message in a Haunted Mansion)
- Charleena completely forgets about her help while Nancy was at Shadow Ranch. She also mentions her assistant. (The Secret of Shadow Ranch)
Main/recurring character revelations
- The Hardy Boys reveal to Nancy that they do work for ATAC.
- George reads tabloid magazines, and is a fan of John Grey.
- Lori is a parody of celebrity socialites that arose in the mid-2000s, such as Paris Hilton.
- John's show Ghost Chasers is a parody of Ghost Hunters and the trend of paranormal reality television series.