The Nancy Drew Diaries is the current main Nancy Drew book series written under the pseudonym of Carolyn Keene. It was launched in February 2013 by Simon & Schuster, to replace the previous Nancy Drew: Girl Detective series.
From the publisher's website:
- Nancy Drew and her friends Bess and George tackle everything from sabotage to kidnapping, using their impressive powers of deduction and reasoning to creatively crack cases and outsmart their enemies in the clever, contemporary, and delightfully suspenseful Nancy Drew Diaries.
The series was announced in 2011 to replace the struggling Nancy Drew: Girl Detective series. The Diaries series was created to move away from the trilogy format that dominated the Girl Detective's later run (although the first two books would form a two-part arc). The new series was also developed to fix some of the criticized aspects that plagued the Girl Detective series since its inception, though with arguable success.
Margaret Wright served as the editor for the first six titles, with Amy Cloud as editor for books seven through sixteen. Fiona Simpson served as editor for book seventeen and A Nancy Drew Christmas. Anna Parsons became editor beginning with book eighteen, and continues in that capacity.
List of titles
Like the Girl Detective series, the Diaries has received harsh reviews from fans. Much criticism has gone towards Nancy becoming more passive or timid, and Nancy's reluctance to solve a mystery in several stories. There has also been criticism in the uneven quality of the series.
- A Nancy Drew Christmas is a special, unnumbered book in the series.
- The Hardy Boys make an appearance in A Nancy Drew Christmas, marking the first crossover of the two teams in the Diaries/Adventures universe.
- Book #17, Famous Mistakes, was initially slated for release in August 2018, but it was pushed back to January 2019, and A Nancy Drew Christmas was released instead. This is presumably so that A Nancy Drew Christmas would be available for the Christmas season.
- Books: The Nancy Drew Diaries #10: A Script for Danger (2015). Ami Boghani. Retrieved December 2, 2019.