Nancy Drew: The Curse is the first book based on the CW 2019 television series Nancy Drew. It is was first released on March 31, 2020 by Simon Pulse, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. In this book, Nancy investigates an old curse that may be threatening her town Horseshoe Bay.
Official synopsis from the publisher's website:
- Based on the TV series Nancy Drew, the most-watched new show on the CW!
- In this prequel novel, the beloved teen sleuth investigates a sinister, once-dormant curse that may be threatening her town once more. This is Nancy Drew for today, perfect for fans of Riverdale, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and Stranger Things!
- A curse is just a mystery dressed up in a sharp, stern warning.
- And everyone knows that I love a mystery.
- Nancy Drew isn’t one for ghost stories. So when the annual Horseshoe Bay Naming Day celebration is threatened by eerie warnings of an old curse, Nancy is sure someone—someone human—is behind them. And no way is she letting this person stand in the way of her best friend, Daisy, finally getting her day in the spotlight as the lead in the much-anticipated Naming Day reenactment.
- But as Nancy begins investigating, the so-called marks of the curse become bolder…and more sinister. A vandalized locker and ominous notes are one thing, but soon enough lives—including Nancy’s own—are at stake. Though the dreams and eerie visions plaguing Nancy are certainly just products of her own mind…right?
- All old towns have their traditions and histories, but as Nancy will soon discover, they don’t always tell the whole story.
- Part One: The Festival
- Chapter One: Friday
- Chapter Two
- Chapter Three: Saturday
- Chapter Four
- Chapter Five
- Chapter Six
- Chapter Seven: Tuesday
- Chapter Eight
- Chapter Nine
- Chapter Ten
- Chapter Eleven
- Chapter Twelve: Wednesday
- Part Two: The Vanishing
- Chapter Thirteen
- Chapter Fourteen
- Chapter Fifteen: Thursday
- Chapter Sixteen
- Part Three: The Curse
- Chapter Seventeen
- Chapter Eighteen: Friday
- Chapter Nineteen: Saturday
- Chapter Twenty
- Part Four: The Rescue
- Chapter Twenty-One
- Chapter Twenty-Two
- Chapter Twenty-Three
- Chapter Twenty-Four
- to be added
Characters appearing in this book include:
- Nancy Drew
- Lena Barrow, Nancy and Daisy's friend, head cheerleader
- Daisy Dewitt, Nancy and Lena's friend, cheerleader, a descendant of a founding family
- Cooper "Coop" Smith, captain of the football team
- Amanda Reeser, Nancy helped her in middle school investigate who was sabotaging her science fair project
- Caroline Mark, new in town, upset about not being cast
- Anna Gardner, friends with Caroline
- Mr. Stephenson, English and Drama teacher
- Ace, works at the Claw
- George Fan, works at the Claw
- Abigail Dewitt †, one of the original founders who helped feed the town through the coldest winter on record, she's also a character in the Naming Day Festival reenactment
- Jebediah Dewitt †, one of the original founders, he's also a character in the Naming Day Festival reenactment
- Hugo Dewitt: Daisy's ancestor.
- Lucy Sable
Locations and organizations
- Horseshoe Bay, Maine
- Keene High, the high school in Horseshoe Bay
- Masthead, the high school newspaper
- The Claw, restaurant
- Naming Day Festival, an annual local event in Horseshoe Bay
- Unlike other Nancy Drew novels, this novel is credited to the actual author Micol Ostow.
|Hardcover||Simon Pulse||Mar 31, 2020||978-1-5344-7074-3||272 pages|
|eBook||Simon Pulse||Mar 31, 2020||978-1-5344-7076-7||320 pages|
|Audiobook||Simon & Schuster Audio||Mar 31, 2020||978-1-7971-0737-0||7 hr and 30 min|
|Paperback||Simon Pulse||Oct 13, 2020||978-1-5344-7075-0||272 pages|
- on Simon & Schuster
- on Goodreads