In this game, Nancy is snowed in at Wickford Castle when a rash of crimes happens in the castle. Learning a rumor that Marie Antoinette may have hidden a treasure in one of the imported towers, Nancy is convinced the two are connected, and begins hunting for the treasure.
Follow ancient clues to find Marie Antoinette's legendary secret!
You, as Nancy Drew, travel to Butter Ridge, Wisconsin, for a skiing vacation. The owner, Christi Lane, is a friend of Nancy's dad and has invited you to stay for awhile, but she is currently away on business. All is going well, but when a blizzard hits, you and the other guests are snowed in with a mystery. The castle's library has been vandalized and one of the guest's rooms has been robbed! Now you are trapped in a place that's as strange as its history. Wickford Castle is a riddle; full of dead-ends and detours that hint at a legend left behind by Marie Antoinette! Solve baffling puzzles, search concealed rooms, interview evasive suspects, and sidestep danger on the hunt for a secret that the doomed queen was desperate to hide!
- Hit the slopes for a ski adventure
- Learn about Marie Antoinette and her historic castle
- Assist with housekeeping duties while snooping for clues
Dexter is the receptionist. As the only staff member, he's very busy and thus somewhat bad-tempered.
Lisa is a photojournalist staying at the lodge.
Jacques is the lodge's French ski instructor.
Professor Hotchkiss is an eccentric scholar of French history. She's here to research Marie Antoinette, the former resident of the castle's French tower.
The phone is located in Nancy's room.
Bess and George are Nancy's best friends, and also cousins. They can offer her advice and hints.
Ned is Nancy's boyfriend, and also offers her advice and hints.
- This was the first game to be released on the two-games-per-year schedule. Max Holechek stated this was due to game distributors dropping the price of computer games, and it was needed to continue producing the Adventure Series.
- Lisa is reading the same magazine with Linda Penvellyn on the cover and Mattie Jensen's interview.
- Professor Hotchkiss has the same coat as Mattie Jensen and Abby Sideris, and the same typewriter as Millie Strathorn.
Main/recurring character revelations
- The Spanish letters in Lisa's locker are never commented on by Nancy.